I'm really digging the paranormal genre. What I wouldn't do to come up with a really good paranormal love story as a my next book.
I think this is because I grew up with an older brother and through him, I was introduced to science fiction, strange creatures, and great fantasy stories. I remember seeing Star Wars for the first time when I was seven and then many times after that. I remember my brother dressing up as Luke Skywalker for Halloween. I wanted to be Princess Leia but couldn't quite pull off the look. Nevertheless, I remember loving the Lord of the Rings, Star Trek and all those cool Star Wars action figures.
My love of science fiction and fantasy stories took a backburner through my teens as I focused mostly on love stories. As a young adult, my reading selections expanded and I enjoyed non-fiction, fiction of all different themes... and then Twilight came out. After Twilight, my love of books took on a whole new meaning and my obsession with books and reading reached OCD levels. This year alone, I've read 100 books (according to my Kindle).
Why do I write a blog post on this? The last eleven books I've read these past two months or so, have been Paranormal books. I've recently completed the following:
- Red Hill - by Jamie McGuire -- a Zombie apocalypse book. I'm not really into zombie stories, but I love the author's other books so I thought I would give it a try. Not bad...
- Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead (6 books) - Vampires, humans, and those half breeds that protect them. Loved it! Great story about friendship with a kickass heroine.
- The Lux series from Jennifer Armentrout (4 books -- I can't wait for the last installment which won't be released until next summer! Argh!) - this is an awesome action packed alien love story. Yes, sounds corny, but it's sooo good!
- The Fall of Five - this is the 4th in the Lorien legacy series - Teenage aliens that hide on earth and possess superpowers to fight off a global invasion. The movie "I Am Number Four" was the first book in the series. Too bad they're not making another movie. The later books are totally action packed.
- Bloodlines - this is another series written by Richelle Mead and I'm currently reading the 1st of I think four books?
- Harry Potter - One of my all time favorite series, but I'm now reading them with my girls. We are on book #4 The Goblet of Fire.
What can I say? I'm a total nerd.