Julia is sort of a nerd. Most women who work at MS, frankly, are nerdy... but in a lovable, endearing, good way. We love technology, we're smart, and structured. We need charts and graphs to demonstrate, manage, and track things. Frankly, the majority of women in this world, aren't like this. I sometimes forget, having been around MS for over 14 years now.
Anyways, when you read the book, you'll see why Nerd Girl is the perfect title for Julia's story :-)
Ok, so next steps in my indie publishing journey:
- Book cover design: Unfortunately, I have to wait until end of October for this. I chose a book cover design artist who is really making a name for herself. The downside however, is that she is making a name for herself and her waitlist is long. I'm on her schedule for October.
- Start trolling indie publishing blog sites and get people to read a free ARC (Advance Reader Copy) in exchange for an honest review.
- Create an author account on Goodreads.com
- Begin the process on CreateSpace.com (on demand book printing)
- Begin the process on all other e-book publishing sites (Amazon, B&N, Apple, etc...)
- Get ISBN number
- Create my author FB page
- Format the book for all these different delivery channels (I'm outsourcing this part)
- Launch party? :-)