Saturday, June 8, 2013

I... AM... DONE!!! 



The story of Ryan and Julia has been told and they will have their happily ever after.

I've posted my blog on Facebook.  I've decided to come out of the closet.  I've written my first book.  I've just completed my first round of edits and I'm now ready to recruit a few beta readers.  I have two beta readers already and their constructive feedback has already been immeasurable.  You guys know who you are.  Thank you!!

Any other takers?  Read here for a quick description of the book.  I have yet to write the book summary, sorry. 

Between now and September, I still have a lot of work to do, but the heavy lifting is complete.

It is 12:35 AM on a Friday night.  I started writing this book almost exactly a year ago.  I've never written a book or a short story before in my life.  However, once I started, I became obsessed with it. I wanted to prove I could do it.   So for countless nights over the last 365 days, I've stayed up frequently till all late hours of the night.  At times, I've ignored my children and husband, and taken days off work only to write.  I wrote when the pot was boiling or when the kids were at the park with Chris.  I wrote, and wrote, and wrote until my eyes saw double and I couldn't stand to look at my PC any further.

This milestone feels great.  
 








No comments:

Post a Comment